campus

Headed up to Flinders University in person, belated effort, I remember cool celebrations in the past, honouring drama centre and so on. 

The lay out is brutalist but also resourced; I spent time wandering around social sciences north and south, past the lake, the student hub, walked across the bridge that joins bedford campus with sturt campus, looked down into the forest and felt inspired. 

After I finished with the library, and the art museum ("un-disciplined") I decided to drive to the city via Colonel Light Gardens, that planned community, and Hutt Street in case there was anything new. I sat outside a fancy cafe, where all the cool kids were, including a guy whose outfit I wanted to photograph but camera batterly was flat. I'll describe. Clear perspex spectacles, cap, khaki coloured dust jacket, a black tshirt with white writing that seemed to be for Tortoise the band, dark denim jeans that looked Japanese skater style, pull on shoes, like the Vans that Sean Penn wore in Fast Times, an over the shoulder book bag that said Suicide Something. Accompanied by a work colleague/friend/significant other, who was female, wearing a boobtube under khaki jacket paired with jeans and sneakers.

Just when you think life is predictable, WHAM! Then I headed off for something that I was fully prepared to blow off and gee, I'm glad I didn't, it turns out there is a secret community, of people, doing the PEO. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anniversary of Grandad

Little gems

Little Women and Family Albums